- January 24, 2019
- Posted by: wp
- Category: QuickBooks
Payroll Setup Checklist for QuickBooks: According to the real world, scenario business is growing at a faster rate. QuickBooks is a business accounting software and is more powerful than the other financial sofare present in the market. QuickBooks provides a powerful feature of Payroll in which businesses are to locate adequate articles when it comes to payroll processing without any accounting expertise. Payroll is an important feature in QuickBooks. It can be used to manage the payroll details of your employees in a particular organized manner.
QuickBooks Payroll setup checklist
QuickBooks Payroll is a well known Advanced, premium and end-to-end business accounting software. It is made by Intuit to fulfill all your payroll functionalities. Preparing your business for payroll feature ensures that everything is set up correctly and workflow is smooth. Payroll needs a basis of information to set up in your desktop or online payroll account. Then after it, you can get the data information from your previous or last payroll provider, in your own records. It can be from your accountant, businessperson or from federal and state agencies. QuickBooks is full of different options for you as well as your clients. QuickBooks world is confusing and so is the world of QuickBooks payroll options. Among all the options you have to choose which fit the best in it. QuickBooks payroll involves further many options but mostly used are Desktop Payroll and Online Payroll. These are heavily used by accountants, bookkeepers, and consumers. The different varied options are too confusing to the users and as a consultant, we ensure that they have the best option according to their needs. QB payroll is of three major types i.e. QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, QuickBooks Online Payroll, and Intuit Online Payroll- New customer checklist.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
The Desktop QuickBooks is so much better in a desktop version now. And there are mostly the users who always want our data on our desktop as many of us resist in change, QuickBooks users many of us resist in the QB payroll but change it can be good. Some options for the desktop that runs on the desktop versions:-
- No need for filling the QuickBooks payroll tax form.
- QuickBooks payroll tax filling and good job costing and the ability for yourself.
- QuickBooks Desktop Enter the Payroll hours and amount.
- QB Desktop’s features of Enhanced.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll sure fire way to check if a product is an Online version or the Desktop version to look at the Direct Deposit fees. In QB online versions, Direct deposit is free, while in all other Desktop versions it charges per check.
Steps for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- The first basic step is to activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.
- You need to enter the activation key that came with your product i.e your QB Payroll software
- From a retail store, Activate a payroll service purchased.
- From the web or phone, Activate QuickBooks Desktops payroll purchased.
- Next step is to start the Payroll Setup Wizard
- Open QuickBooks Desktops, to set up your payroll,
- From the top toolbar, select employees.
- From the drop-down menu to open wizard you have to scroll and select Payroll Setup.
- You need to follow the Payroll setup wizard.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
QuickBooks Online payroll consist of QuickBooks Online, and Intuit Online Payroll. You can run it from an integrated QuickBooks Online. In this version, it is making sure that your tax rates and previous payrolls are recorded properly, as adjustment changes cannot be done easily in QuickBooks online. QuickBooks users who are not using Quickbooks or QuickBooks Online payroll clients who have QuickBooks, this is the good option for them.
Steps for QuickBooks online payroll
- Sign-in into QuickBooks Intuit and go to quickbooks.intuit.com or contact the support team.
- Next step is to start and set up a process.
- Select workers from the navigational menu.
- Select Employees.
- Click ‘Get Set up’ to begin the process.
- Now you have to enter the company and employee information.
Intuit online payroll
QuickBooks like’s the Intuit Online Payroll, the Accountant’s version is a stand-alone product, and QuickBooks priced by the client. Intuit QuickBooks Online payroll has a $2.00 per person monthly fee if you have one client, but it is not accepting the direct deposit fees. But here is the big difference where the monthly fee and per person fee drops when you get more clients on it. The fee is $0.50 per employee with more than one client, this is how you can make a huge profit on this product. Many different clients have their own logins to do their own payroll. And once they are done with the setup of QuickBooks intuit online payroll, they would only have to worry about the taxes in it. So it is a great solution for payroll only Intuit QuickBooks Online Payroll clients who want to run their own payrolls.